The history of Gallinat-Bank
Successfull placement of the second ABS transaction TruckLease No.2.
Gallinat-Bank AG acquires 100% of shares of ALBIS HiTec Leasing AG and of its wholly owned subsidiaries Gallinat-Leasing GmbH, ALBIS Fullservice Leasing GmbH and Alpha Anlagen Leasing GmbH.
Completion of the development of „Back-office Leasing” for the acquisition of leasing receivables and the central credit checking office at the locations Hamburg, Neu-Isenburg and Essen.
Gallinat-Bank AG restructures its business area Private Clients and separates off the securities advisory centre. Existing clients are transferred to Private VermögensVerwaltung AG.
Product process ABS is implemented with the first transaction TruckLease No.1.
The headquarters of Gallinat-Service GmbH are moved to Hamburg on November 25, 2010.
BaFin and the Deposit Protection Fund approve the ALBIS Leasing AG in Hamburg to acquire 49% of Gallinat-Bank AG’s shares. The remaining 51% are split into equal parts and taken on by six individuals, with purchase options on these parts being held by ALBIS Leasing AG. The existing shareholders of Gallinat-Bank are fully eliminated from the group of shareholders.
Gallinat-Bank AG takes on 100% of ALBIS Securitisation AG. This company is continued with all its assignments as the bank’s new business area “Securitisation of leasing receivables”. Gallinat-Bank will thereby be able to include capital market refinancing instruments in future financing of its growth strategy.
ALBIS acquires a minority share of Gallinat-Bank AG as well as an option to purchase the remaining shares.
ProGaLease GmbH is founded.
Gallinat-Bank Kommanditgesellschaft (limited partnership) is turned into a publicly traded corporation (Gallinat-Bank Aktiengesellschaft).
Gallinat-Service GmbH is founded.
Gallinat-Leasing GmbH is founded.
On October 6, 1971, Hans Gallinat receives both the approval according to § 32 KWG and the following message from the Federal Banking Supervisory Authority: “With immediate effect you are accepted into the group of private bankers.” The company’s name is henceforth Gallinat-Bank KG.
The bank is entered into the commercial register on June 13, 1962, as Gallinat & Co. KG, bank for consumer and commercial loans with the text “The company has started on May 1st, 1962.”
Hans Gallinat (administration employee at Essen clothing shop Höhborn) and Hans Eggeling (architect) want to open a bank. At first, payment by instalments is introduced at the clothing shop Höhborn, and then the concept is extended to the financing of furniture, cars and other acquisitions. The initial customer base of the bank to be founded is generated from coal miners, and the first line of business is in consumer loans. From then on, “we no longer dealt with any inventory, money had become our inventory” (Hans Gallinat). Due to the lack of industry-specific knowledge of the founders, the actual establishment of the bank – not the business itself – did however have to overcome a series of obstacles.
50 years of Gallinat-Bank AG – in our anniversary book, we look back on an exceptional time spent in an exceptional city.